The Kiwis asked lots of questions about life and school in New Zealand.
Here are some of the things that the Kapai Kiwis learned:
- Reefton is a small town with a population of 1000-2000 people
- Reefton is an old gold and coal mining town
- Reefton is on the west coast of the South Island.
- School begins at 8:50 and ends at 3pm
- Reefton starts from 1st grade to K12
- There are about 200 students at Reefton Area School
- Mrs McKenzie mentioned about a special dessert called a pavlova
- They have a morning recess for 20 minutes and a lunch recess for an hour.
Here is a video of Mrs McKenzie answering one of our questions.
Check out her class blog Open the door to B4 and see all the wonderful learning that goes on in her class.